Friday, September 23, 2011

So Much Better than Collard Greens & Cornbread

Hey Everybody!!
Yes, I've been in hole, BUT for a very good reason. Most of my time has been spent on set filming as well as behind the scenes, handling business affairs.  Let's rewind so that I can explain what's REALLY going on!!

In February, I was hired at Daversa Partners as an Associate-Executive Recruiter to help develop the sports and entertainment sector of the firm. However, because of the hiring freezes within both the NBA and NFL, we were unable to gain contracts, and therefore, my position was useless. My time with the firm was deemed an internship and in May, I was officially unemployed.

In a matter of days, I was called to be the guest artist of a show premiering at the DC Black Theatre Festival. I packed my things, dropped Dash off with his grandparents and hit on the road (hence my last line in Ketchup and Mustard up some Missed Beets). Unfortunately, things fell through (as some independent projects do), BUT the experience allotted me the opportunity to study at The Second City (school of improvisation and sketch comedy) in Chicago!! I met some of the BEST comedic actors of my generation and developed lasting relationships with other Bohemian Artist Children like myself. :) I truly felt at home, and it was there that I regained a tight grasp on the RhyanMichele that had wondered off during the 6 months prior.

My Second City Summer Intensive Family

Me, Martha, Pat, and Janie Poo :)

I was privileged to attend a TJ and Dave Show at the iO Improv in Wrigleyville. As I performed my usual scan-the-room routine, I noticed VERY familiar faces. To my surprise, they were faces belonging to members of my SC theatre crew! Martha and I go back to grade school and Theatre South Carolina, and all four of us (Pat and Jane included) have worked as players/crew with TRUSTUS Theatre!! Martha and Pat are also KFA forensic actors as well. We MAY see each other once a year on assignment, so this was indeed heartwarming.


I seriously considered a move to the midwest; I have fallen in LOVE with Chicago. After returning to SC from my wonderful adventure (end of June), I was asked by a producer (who too saw me perform in Sweet Evalina) to attend a production meeting (that was scheduled in Orlando in 3 days); so Dash and I packed our things and headed back to our FL abode.


Short version of the long story:
Ever since that meeting, I have been diligently working with the AMAZING Contona Thomas aka. Mr. C-LIVE himself (Producer/Visionary) and the extremely talented and BE-A-U-tiful Val Gamble (Co Producer/Director of Casting). Words cannot express how truly grateful I am to be a part of such an exceptional team!! We are overjoyed to present to the world, what is now...


...a new media production company that is focused on providing Lively, Interactive, Visual, Experience through diverse, quality content. 

LIVELY: never-before-seen, cutting edge productions
INTERACTIVE: content to which the viewer can relate
VISUAL: bold, descriptive, eye-catching displays
EXPERIENCE: memorably shows evoking emotional reactions

Our current project:
C-L.I.V.E. Productions, LLC has produced this Fall's hottest new web-series titled Miserably Single. The plot revolves around the friendship of five, single, yet successful attorneys who have grown up as neighbors. For the time being, these ladies have agreed to purchase a home and live together. In an effort to find love and move out, they have made an agreement with each other that the last lady to marry gets to keep the house--quite an incentive; or is it?!


Ladies: Pull out that red dress and high heels!  
Men: Throw on that black tie and tux!

Join us on the RED CARPET and meet the cast, crew, industry professionals and local celebs. Also check out our Facebook page. Click "LIKE" to remain updated with our upcoming projects. You will soon be able to visit www.miserablysingle.com. We're running Orlando and taking the nation by storm!!

Pictures will follow as well as additional information on the release of the web-series. This is just the beginning. Stay tuned for other projects and news.

I am amazed at how God has sustained me throughout the past 4 months of being unemployed (NO INCOME WHATSOEVER). Indeed it has been (and still is) a challenge, but being able to completely trust and have faith makes doing what I love THAT much more rewarding.

I'm a true testimony of the following:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment